Data Visualization Engineer, System Optimization
Virgin Hyperloop, Los Angeles
We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Data Visualization Engineer will be part of the System Optimization team. This team works closely with the Chief Engineer, as well as members of the other Engineering and Business Departments to develop software tools to optimize the design and performance of the hyperloop system.
This team is also responsible for interpreting and communicating the results of these software tools to key stakeholders including company leadership, investors, and customers. The key to this lies in clear and effective data visualization.
The Data Visualization Engineer will lead the design and development of visualization tools and interactive dashboards to help synthesize the wealth of data generated by our system optimization tools.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop data visualization tools to maximize insight
- Architect and implement interactive dashboards
- Effectively synthesize and communicate results to diverse audiences
- Develop or modify existing optimization tools as needed
- Architect and implement data pipelines as necessary
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who range from data scientists, developers, DevOps, hardware engineers, and product managers
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Advanced proficiency in Python
- Advanced proficiency with visualization tools (Plotly/Dash, Bokeh, D3.js, Tableau)
- Experience with web-based technologies
- Experience using and implementing databases
- Agile, fast prototyping skills, including feature integration during all cycles of development
- Comfortable with git version control
- Experience developing large software projects
- Familiar with disciplined software engineering practices
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Passionate about effective data visualization
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Keen attention to detail
- A quick learner
NICE TO HAVE
- Hands on experience and expertise with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong interest in transportation systems
- Familiarity with the Hyperloop concept
- Familiarity with engineering fundamentals across a range of disciplines
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
About Virgin Hyperloop
Time is precious. We’re dedicating ours to this purpose. We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
Working at Virgin Hyperloop means collaborating with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people we have ever met. We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – in years not decades. We understand that time away from work can spark out of the box solutions, and we support families with flexible work schedules and paid family leave. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up environment, then we encourage you to apply.
Want to learn more about Virgin Hyperloop? Visit Virgin Hyperloop's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineer | Lonely Planet
Red Ventures, Charlotte; New York City; Austin, TX; Remote; Detroit, MI...