Lead Systems Engineer - Propulsion & Guidance System
Virgin Hyperloop, Los Angeles
We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The System Engineering Team at Virgin Hyperloop develops and matures the requirements for our current and future growth.
As our Lead System Engineer, you’ll be the functional owner for propulsion, levitation and guidance system, including the electromagnetic engines, control unit and interface with power electronics, on our Hyperloop Vehicle System.You’ll develop complex functional modeling, elicit functional, performance, interface, RAMS requirements and support our Electromagnetics Engine design team, Control team and external vendors for our design gate milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Solve difficult, complex system engineering problems, such as:
- Developing low-level functional models and concise functional description documentation within a model based engineering process
- Complete multi-day assignments collaboratively with moderate supervision, such as:
- Defining use case/functional chain from your analysis of all relevant input documents (CONOPS, system requirements, design, drawings, standards, and regulation).
- Developing use case/functional chain in sequence diagram, in the physical architecture.
- Developing functional, performance, interface and non-functional requirements, for hardware and software components.
- Trace low-level requirements to system requirements
- Developing complete and harmonized requirements specification.
- Developing requirement validation mean and strategy with responsible engineer and test engineer
- Lead functional model and requirement review with requirement owner.
- Develop DFMEA and safety requirement with safety team and design team.
- Work in an IPT organization.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant field OR equivalent work experience
- Strong experience developing, deriving, and allocating systems engineering requirements in Propulsion System and/or Engine Control Unit
- Strong technical experience in Engine Control Unit architecture
- Strong experience in DC or/and AC motor
- Excellent technical understanding of interface control document, complex electrical engineering drawings
- Proficiency in communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, Serial
- Proficiency with PWM control
- Proficiency with requirements management tool, such as DOORS, JAMA or similar
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools, such as SysML, System Composer, Simulink or similar
- Experience working with safety critical systems (including hardware and software)
- Familiar with typical system engineering milestones such as SRR, PDR, DDR etc.
- Ability to successfully complete complex tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a IPT member
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in using ARP4754 process
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
About Virgin Hyperloop
Time is precious. We’re dedicating ours to this purpose. We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
Working at Virgin Hyperloop means collaborating with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people we have ever met. We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – in years not decades. We understand that time away from work can spark out of the box solutions, and we support families with flexible work schedules and paid family leave. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up environment, then we encourage you to apply.
Want to learn more about Virgin Hyperloop? Visit Virgin Hyperloop's website.
Help the world share their story