Staff Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work and lead in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us:
Security First – Our team focuses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds.
Curiosity – Be curious; ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Establish strong engineering best practices.
- Own IAM Projects and implementation tracks from ideation to production operationalization.
- Build integrations using Sailpoint and ServiceNow.
- Design, develop and testing of IAM components: Services in SOAP/REST, Core Java, JS Frameworks and Python.
- Integrate with Data Analytics platform which includes Big Data Stack like HDFS, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search.
- Deploy & Use 3rd party IAM products like Oracle Identity Manager, Azure AD, Sail point or ForgeRock.
- BS/MS in EC/CS/IT
- 7 + years of Solid hands-on experience as programmer/developer with specialization in Java and J2EE
- At least 4 + years of solid experience in Sail point and any Access Management Tools like OAM, ForgeRock or Okta
- At least 2 years of experience building full stack applications using Angular.js, Node.js or React.
- Strong inter-personnel, analytical & communication skills
- Experience working with a global team operating in different time zones
- Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus
- Prior knowledge of Apache big data analytics tools and /or Elastic Search is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.