The Client Systems team develops and supports Visa's contact center and client support applications, which are used by our business partners to service our Visa clients worldwide on a 24 by 7 basis.
The Senior Software Engineer position within the team is an individual contributor role based in our Austin, Texas office. The successful candidate is expected to be a .NET subject matter expert within the Cardholder Support DevOps team. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both service delivery and operational excellence of services built on .NET technologies.
- Responsible for agile end-to-end development process within the construct of DevOps practices and methodology:
- Support agile ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Provide technical insights to support release planning, including user stories breakdown, tasks assignment, and backlog grooming, through elicitation and clarifications of user stories and requirements with business stakeholders and communication of IT dependencies.
- Adapt to best practices and lessons learned from sprint execution to maximize team velocity.
- Design and develop enhancements or new services that are:
- Scalable, resilient, secured and decoupled;
- Able to detect and alert when functional or non-functional production errors occur;
- Able to gather and persist behavioral and performance metrics; and
- Deliver optimal customer experience.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
- Support users during their user acceptance verification.
- Deploy tested enhancements or new services to certification and production environments with rollback strategies defined.
- Responsible for operational excellence for .NET services:
- Provide level 2 and 3 support to resolve incidents according to committed service level agreement.
- Provide on call support during off work hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a need basis, so that critical and high priority incidents are resolved within the service level agreement.
- Provide fixes to problem tickets that require root cause resolution.
- Review incident resolution and problem ticket fixes performed by junior team members.
- Proactively reduce technical debt by implementing service design and code changes.
- Keep system documentation up to date.
- Provide strong communication to keep project team and stakeholders up to date.
- Design and improve internal development methodologies utilizing .NET and supporting technologies
- Actively collaborate within Client Systems team, as well as with all other IT teams and business users located worldwide in various time-zones to fulfill the above responsibilities.
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 5 years' development and support experience in .NET technologies
- Experience in the following frameworks & technologies is preferred:
- .NET framework
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.Net Web API
- AngularJS and JQuery
- WCF service
- Microsoft SSIS
- SOAP and RESTful web services
- SQL Queries and Stored procedures for relational database, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Software design patterns
- Experience with performance tuning and automated unit testing
- 3 years development experience in systems that:
- Interface with smart card personalization and production software and hardware
- Comply with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
- 2 years development experience in cryptography using .NET framework.
- 2 years of experience in UML design methodologies.
- CSCIP/Payments certification is preferred.
- Experience in Rightfax technologies is a plus.
- Experience in agile methodology is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.