What's the job? As part of the Clearing and Settlement Department in the Network Processing Client Information Clearing and Settlement (CICAS) organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. You'll provide
rotational 24/7 on call support for problem resolution. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a computer or electrical engineer with software development design experience. You are a team player, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited
to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can code and build amazing, high-performing, and bug-free products. Experience in Mainframe Assembler
language, C/C++, MVS JCL, TSO, ISPF, Fileaid and Endevor SCLM is a must. You encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate in order to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and
consumer-facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and
thinks like an owner – you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere – the place where their
personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions. Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
- 5+ Years of software design and development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++ and Object Oriented Development for both mainframe and open systems.
- Experience in Mainframe assembler language, COBOL, MVS JCL, TSO, Fileaid, Clear Case and Endevor SCLM.
- Experience with Blaze tools is beneficial
- ISPF experience beneficial.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent career experience is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend Engineer, Tools
Venmo, Newton, MA
Sr. Software Engineer, Smart Cities Client Experience
Intersection, New York
Engineering Program Manager (Software Applications)
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Verification and Validation Engineer - Autonomous Systems
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Quality Engineer
QuanticMind, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Full Stack Engineer
Tapingo, Tel Aviv