Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) is an “eyes on glass” network support team, utilizing a variety of monitoring and troubleshooting tools to provide continuous, 24 X 7, first-level support of all Visa-managed Corporate and Commercial network environments to ensure network integrity and the expedient mitigation of network events or connectivity issues. GNOC is also responsible for proactively identifying potential issues within the infrastructure, and provide both internal and external network support for Visa networks, systems and applications, in addition to responsibility for the physical engineering and support of Visa facilities and lab environments.
This is an exempt position within a critical services operations environment, that provides first level network support. Staff are considered essential personnel and are required to work weekends and holiday as scheduled. The position consists of a two-week rotating schedule of 12 hour shifts, that may require overtime work as needed to cover staffing shortages or attend training.
As a member of GNOC, in the role of Network Administrator, you will have the primary responsibility for monitoring the Corporate and Commercial Visa network environments and providing first-level support in the isolation and mitigation of issues that may impact our clients, network environments or the Visa brand. You will have the additional responsibility of providing coverage and acting as the delegate during the absence of the GNOC Manager. The Network Administrator, as the Team Lead, must have the ability to work independently--lead, manage and be a point of contact for their team members in addition to acting as a liaison between GNOC and other internal groups. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication capabilities, customer service skills and strong technical and analytical capabilities in order to effectively manage and engage other personnel. A strong candidate for this position must also possess a good meter for the appropriate escalation to senior and executive management when necessary. .
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Track, update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem tickets via the Ask Now management system; ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the timely resolution of incidents and problems
- Interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to excel as part of a team
- Able to use sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through its resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels
- Support and advocacy for Visa clients that are comprised of consumers, businesses, financial institutions, internal groups and governments worldwide
- Ability to gather pertinent information and work with our clients to isolate and resolve the majority of events without need for assistance
- Ability to develop, edit and distribute effective internal and external communications in a timely and accurate manner, per documented processes
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training
- Support project schedules and change management
- Responsible for internal and external communication of issues to management and other internal support groups
- Internal and External Bridge Stewardship in support of the timely resolution of internal and client facing issues
- Required to work 12 hour, flexible shift schedule as detailed in the Job Description
- Basic knowledge of routing / switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS
- Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support the monitoring and response for client and Visa brand issues. The primary monitoring tools utilized are NetCool, Solarwinds, Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Netscout, Vantage and Ask Now/Service Now
- Required - Need to already possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL), or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
- Firewall experience
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Education/Professional Credentials
- Preferred - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.