Visa's Fraud and Authentication team is looking for curious, creative, and talented technologists to join our team.?
You will be developing solutions that automate the release cycle from code check-in to deployment.
Your solution will focus on eliminating wait times, manual handoffs, and automating as much as possible in order to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our release and deployment processes.
We are looking for someone with serious Software Development skills, strong interest in DevOps and Test Automation, and a passion for continuously delivering reliable software.
You will work with fellow Development and Quality Assurance engineers to design and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery that are critical in ensuring delivery of products with the highest levels of quality and reliability.
Opportunities to grow your career here at Visa are limited only by your passion to learn, desire to gain expertise, and drive to excel in delivering high quality products and services.
You will be an integral part of the agile development team, and will be assigned a variety of tasks pertaining to design and build and test of software applications and services.
Your main focus will be on Automating deployments and propagating to Production environments, other tasks will be assigned depending on need such as code design tasks, software coding tasks, bug fixes, or manual testing of new functionality. You will always be working on ways to facilitate better quality through the design, implementation, and execution of automated build and test systems.
This role is for an individual whose experience with software development forms a strong basis for designing automated test solutions that will ensure that we deliver high quality services.
You will have a passion, not only for understanding how the solutions work from a functional standpoint, but also for digging into the code to really understand what has been built to verify that the solution meets quality standards as well as functional requirements.
- Automate testing and deploying releases to multiple environments including Production.
- Maintaining, and streamlining of continuous Delivery solutions for end to end CICD pipeline setup of one click build deployments.
- Support WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, DataPower and related products in production.
- Open tickets and work with the vendor to troubleshoot product related issues and apply appropriate fix packs. Maintain middleware with appropriate patches.
- Promote a DevOps culture through building relationships with Development & Operations and driving enhancements to the end-to-end release process.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
- Investigate and support open source tools installation and configuration management in all environments including production.
- Working closely with the development team and production support teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our release installs.
- Communicate effectively and responsibly in an Agile environment.
- Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required, Master preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of hands on experience in software industry in infrastructure and DevOps.
- Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Chef, TFS, Bamboo and Ansible.
- Installation, configuration and scripting skills.
- Must be proficient with scripting languages such as Python, Unix Shell, Perl, Groovy and with build tools such as GIT, Ant, Maven & Gradle.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, Windows 2008, 2012 Operating Systems.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Experience with build and release of online services and a passion for delivering a quality experience to customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Passion for finding issues and a desire to break things while testing beyond the application limits.
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Strong track record of learning new tools and technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.