Senior Software Engineer, Real Time Payments (REF16545A) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
· MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
· Must like and be comfortable with being hands on
· Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application development
- Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Design and build new capabilities that are of high quality and delivered in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.