Staff Software Engineer, Innovation LAC (REF15913F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Miami FL, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert level software engineers to help us build some innovative products.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Staff Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will work on development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time REST services and mobile applications that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
· You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
· You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
· You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, Android, React, Node.js, NoSQL, Docker and more.
· You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
· You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
· Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
· You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
· You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
· You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
Spanish language proficiency is required.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 6+ years of Software Development Experience.
- Expert level skills in Java / C# / C++
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Experience in Building highly robust Android or iOS applications
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Experience in network programming (Sockets) to build service self-healing
- Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional requirements using aspect oriented programming (viz. aspectJ)
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
- Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning / data science, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Softheon, Stony Brook, NY
Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Senior Software Engineer - Android
Ring, Malvern, PA
Application Sales Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Braintree Payments, Chicago, Remote