Site Reliability Engineer - Commercial Payments- Data Product Development
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visulization
We are working on Blockchain technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in
Austin,TX. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
We're seeking a strong SRE to be a part of team tasked with building and managing distributed application. Our ideal candidate has built and maintained distributed applications, loves to write code, Believes in Engineering Craftsmanship.
Multiple Positions are available in Austin, TX and Foster City, CA locations
- Direct client and business exposure
- Writes code in Java / Go / Scala / Python , Familiar with container strategies and ecosystems such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, C++
- 2+ years of experience as SRE or 6+ years of experience in Product development and maintainance
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.