Staff Software Engineer, Real Time Payments (REF16059J) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Developer Platform team provides the standards, subject matter expertise, and technology framework that enable Visa to efficiently package its core and value-added products into consumable services and then deliver them reliably and securely to a global developer community.
As a Software Engineer you will be working on a Developer Portal, Java Microservices and an API Gateway from ground up which addresses AuthZ/AuthN, Protocol Translation, Mutual Auth ,SOAP & REST Support, Active/Active support, Throttling, Quota Limiting, oAuth, Orchestration, Policy Enforcement, and bring the gateway to a world class one with high Performance and Scalability.
· MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
· Must like and be comfortable with being hands on
· Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise application development
- Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Be part of and mentor a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
- Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.