Sr. Director VIP PD - VisaNet Integrated Payments Product Development
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
The VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) Product Development organization is responsible for software development, platform engineering, quality assurance and production support of the world’s largest and most reliable global payments engine. The VIP system supports authorization processing for Visa's worldwide consumer credit and debit products, as well as a large suite of commercial products. Every day during the busiest hours, the VIP system processes thousands of transactions per second across multiple, geographically diverse operational centers.
The successful candidate will lead a team responsible for the design, software development, implementation, and support of the VIP authorization system. These applications help Visa's constituents deploy services and programs benefiting merchants, processors, banks, and cardholders worldwide. VIP applications are at the heart of Visa's core payment services, and the technology initiatives undertaken by this organization have a direct impact on the global payments market.
We are seeking a skilled leader with a strong record of accomplishment that possesses the ability to develop functional knowledge and be a strong proponent of software development disciplines. You will combine a strong technical and management background with the ability to mentor and engage staff across the entire VIP Product Development organization.
- Lead a team of engineers, software analysts, and support personnel in design, software development, and support of the VIP products and services
- Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in software development life cycle methodology while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that strategic projects are given appropriate focus
- Create an environment, through example, where the individuals on your team feel free to communicate openly, excel with their partners, act decisively, are motivated and inspired, and collaborate well
- Be an advocate for activities and practices that help to boost overall employee engagement
- Oversee the development process by ensuring compliance and driving advancements
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts and industry professionals to help determine long-term technology strategy for areas of responsibility
- Recruit, develop, and retain a talented group of technology professionals for this core application function; also, ensuring that a skilled and capable talent pool exists and that plans are in place to continually refresh that pool
- 15+ years of proven IT leadership experience
- 7+ years of recent experience managing a software development team of at least 10 professionals where you are skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals, and driving to results.
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Experience with IBM's high availability, high volume TPF (Transaction Processing Facility) environment is highly preferred
- Track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives
- Solid understanding of software development methodology practices, and a proven history of deploying those practices to ensure successful execution against technology initiatives
- Knowledge of card payment services processing is highly preferred; other IT management roles in financial services industry companies are also highly preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Integration Engineer
Affirm, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Server Engineer
Smule, San Francisco, CA
The Trade Desk, Irvine California
Machine Learning Engineer
EnerNOC, US - Bend OR
Cloud Native Developer
Pivotal Software, Singapore
Mobile Application Developer