Position Summary: The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for providing systems support across, in particular the Visa corporate systems environment. This position requires applying root cause operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running. This is a professional level position and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance. This position is expected to interact with Systems, Database, Engineering, Asset Management, Product Development, Operations, Audit and Risk, and various groups within Technology. This role must have strong communication and analytical skills.
Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
Operate in complex, highly secure, highly available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required
This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
Candidates will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills and have experience working in large enterprise operational environments
Improve the efficiency and help standardize current processes
Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and interface with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
Participate in Service Improvement Meetings after an application outage
Document the incident in the tracking tool
Vendor contact for routine, documented incidents as well as operational problems
Provide assistance as required in analyzing the trends and suggesting long-term and short-term improvements
Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within defined guidelines and meet operational level agreements
Implement change requests and meet project deliverables within defined guidelines
Achieve and understand Service Level commitments for all open systems platform
Position will require shift based work hours. Including, but not limited to, weekend and after hour shifts.
Provide automation solutions of manual tasks performed by infrastructure support.
Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the global team in problem resolution by hands-on participation.
Support the development and incorporation of best practices and approaches into the company´s processes and methodologies.
Work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Development Lines.
The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited university or related field is required
- Must have 7-10 Years of Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience in relevant technologies
* Experience working in large, complex, enterprise in data center environments
• Experience in Redundant technologies, Fault tolerance and storage technologies is required
• Experience in system monitoring tools and performance analysis tools is required
• Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of Unix Infrastructure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
• Able to multi-task in order to meet goal of low MTTR (mean time to repair)
• Strong ability to self-learn new UNIX technologies
• Experience in supporting visualization technologies such as VMWare VSphere, RHEV, Docker
* Experience in GPFS/Spectrum scale FPO/Hadoop Cluster administration
• Experience supporting shared infrastructure i.e. HP/Dell/Cisco Blade (UCS) Infrastructure
• Strength in scripting in Python, Shell, Perl, & Power CLI
BAO Blade logic, & Ansible automation experience is highly recommended
• Application development experience is also a plus
* Red Hat and ITIL related certifications are preferred
• Individual should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills
• Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
• Strong project, organizational, presentation, and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Global Insight Analyst, Retention
Expansion Team Intern
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Optometrist (Fill-In), 9th & 9th
Warby Parker, Salt Lake City, UT
Restaurant Partnership Manager
Wolt, Almaty, Kazakhstan
Vehicle Operator - Swing/Weekend Shift (Contract)
Zoox, San Francisco, CA
Part-Time City Operations Representative