Senior Software Engineer, Backend Java (REF17013E) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for consumer facing mobile and digital products. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Senior Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years of experience Java and web service development -OR-
- MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL and JPA.
- Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.