- You'll be responsible for leading critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- You'll work with application and infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies
- You will analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for
continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost and increasing effectiveness
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services
- Lead and establish system requirements, designs/architecture and manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects and goals.
- Lead Continuous Availability programs and initiatives for specific platforms to strengthen resiliency and recovery capabilities to 5'9s
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a Infrastructure Engineering or software Development role for Platform Services with a preference for 3 years in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Bachelor’s with preference for Master Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with relevant industry experience
- Underrstanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable
- Preference for Systems Engineering background with focus to Hadoop based platforms (compute, middleware, DB, and/or storage engineering)
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution achitecture. Understands Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design and Service Orientation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.