Senior Software Engineer - Risk and Authentication
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the design, development, and testing of applications that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
You will start out by learning our systems from the ground up, helping to develop secure solutions to current problems. You will be working on a Live production environment and will get excellent e-Commerce experience that will help you excel your career.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent
- Masters with some or no industry experience or Bachelors with 5+ years of
industry experience, in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise with J2EE server-side web application framework and REST services.
- Experience with Node development and module bundlers such as Webpack.
- Understanding of UX design techniques and prototyping.
- Experience with RDBMS database design, optimization and performance and/or No-SQL
- Knowledge of Security Principles, Web Standards and Accessibility Best
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience profiling and correcting memory usage and threading issues, and
optimizing code for performance
- Experience with Web services standards and related technologies (XML, XSL, X-Path, JSON, Rest,
Soap, WS*), Web Security, Asp.Net Web security infrastructure
- Familiarity with Git or other Source Control systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies or SCRUM
- Write optimized and quality code. Partner closely with teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our customers.
- Work with architecture teams on research & analysis of newer technologies for next generation of Risk and Fraud Systems.
- Participate in and lead meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Find creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Work closely with Product and Project Management Offices and interface seamlessly by knowing your audience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.