The Manager, Alternate Lending Product Management is responsible for enabling and delivering the next gen of payments globally for Visa. Responsibilities include defining requirements for alternate lending solutions brining innovative offerings that create tremendous value for our payments partners (e.g. Financial Institutions, Sellers, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users.
We are looking for individuals with a combination of product strategy, product development/solutioning background to help us quickly expand the new offerings to deliver truly differentiated user experiences. This role also requires strong skills working with API design and standards, and will work closely with the regional product teams to define roadmap of features with clear rationale for prioritization.
This individual will work with experts throughout the company as well as external SMEs to define and solution alternate lending services, execute the launch, and/or drive new product commercialization to target levels of adoption and utilization.
This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
- Drive development of Alternative Lending services and/or platform
- Engage directly with key stakeholders on product roadmap, release status and overall services and/or platform development
- Savvy with API’s. Manage API design, standards, and documentation working closely with the technology team.
- Define product requirements, work with Engineering to determine feasibility, minimum viable product, development cost, and rollout schedules. Manage and drive priorities of product development
- Manage executive communication (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences
- Identify and develop industry partnerships by understanding and identifying complementary technologies, and opportunities for collaboration
- 15% expected travel
· Lead definition of minimum viable product (MVP), user stories definition, and execution. Effectively prioritize and manage roadmap
· Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
· Engage broadly across product teams and functions such as Finance, Pricing/Interchange and Marketing to understand drivers of performance and collaborate on business optimization
· Support urgent client / executive requests, including analysis, strategic framing and options evaluation, etc.
· Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive product priorities and demonstrate results to leadership
· Manage implementation of business growth initiatives, including performance tracking
· Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to develop rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior product management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- 10% expected travel
- 5 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Degree from top-tier institution in an analytical discipline or similar academic / professional experience
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines is also required
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Experience partnering with technologists using Agile or other expedited design and development methodologies a plus, but not required
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
- Strong modeling and analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing and growing internal, external and cross functional relationships
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
- Strong attention to detail and process management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral and written capabilities
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Detroit, MI