At Visa, the Corporate Information Technology, Billing & Incentives Platforms team, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software. This team has embarked on a major transformational journey to build and implement best of breed revenue and billing applications to transform our business as well as technology.
Billing & Incentives Platforms team is looking for an Engineering Director who can lead teams that are constantly innovating and evolving to build/implement our next generation of critical Billing Applications. The position will own the architecture, design, build and delivery of Billing Applications, while providing technical and functional expertise, thought leadership, operational excellence and Automation.
As Director of Billing Application, you will set the vision and strategy for the application development team – ensuring that our billing services are flexible, performant, unbreakable and provides our customers with the best possible experience.
You will build upon your experience in large volume financial systems to master the Visa Billing functions, processes, technology and systems; and passionately mentor and rally the team to meet the business and technology objectives. You will build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains and inspires a diverse and engaged team.
As a leader, you will enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results as they seek to build the next generation billing platform that not only meets the business objectives but also meets our AAARM (Automation, Agility, Analytics, Resiliency and Monitoring) Guideline for Health and Availability of our platforms.
- Provide direction and hands on leadership to a team of engineers engaged in application and architecture designs; development, testing and test automation for Billing Platform (includes large volume pricing, rating, billing, account receivables and revenue reporting functions).
- Owen the application roadmap and delivery.
- Provide hands on technical and functional expertise, coaching and mentorship to improve skills across the development and operations team.
- Lead engagement with business partner to deliver projects and support systems. Lead collaboration activities with business partners on requirements, workflow design, configuration, and business re-engineering.
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (Automation, Agility, Analytics, Resiliency and Monitoring) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, usability and code re-use. With innovative ideas and implementations, continue to improve business efficiencies while driving down technical debt and cost of ownership.
- With the ability to understand complex system architectures and complex functional use cases, design and implement solutions and optimizations while ensuring that team staying current on development and test trends, methodology and standards.
- Ensure security compliance and other NFRs are well defined and are baked into our designs and implementations.
- Ensure quality, completeness and timeliness of all deliverables from the team.
- Collaboratively manage dependencies with other IT organizations within Visa and with our vendors and partners.
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with both customers and technology partners.
- Manage and track Key Performance Index (KPI) to ensure and maintain high team performance
- Inspire & contribute to cross-organizational teams working on various innovation projects.
- Personnel management, which includes recruitment, performance, education, training and career growth.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years or M.S. degree with 10+ years of experience designing, developing and managing complex , enterprise class, mission critical, large volume global application systems.
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams preferably for large volume high performance java based financial applications, with the responsibility of technical delivery.
- Consistent track record of hiring, retaining and leading top talent, including software engineers and test engineers in a fast paced work environment.
- Hands on experience in building and maintaining applications using technologies such as Core Java / J2EE, Unix/Linux scripting, Hibernate and Messaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex and efficient database queries based on the understanding of the data model.
- Prior experience in building or implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) OR other large-scale billing applications will be a big plus.
- Prior experience in building ETLs and business process automations using Teland is a plus.
- Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial management including billing, account receivables and revenue reporting is a big plus
- Experience in performance troubleshooting, performance tuning applications as well as RDBMS.
- Experience with agile/SCRUM development methodologies, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Experience in effectively deploying development and operational tools like splunk, Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, CheckMarx, Eclipse, artifactory etc. Exposure to defining and implementing best practices in using them.
- Proven high-impact leader with record of accomplishment of executing and driving result in a collaborative and thoughtful manner.
- Exposure to analyzing large volume data to validate results, find problem trends and do root cause analysis etc.
- Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones.
- Coaching and mentoring background, mentoring developers and testers to get the best results as well as for the professional and personal growth of the team members.
- Must be highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills, outstanding analytic skills and polished facilitation skills
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will require up to 10% travel
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours and may be required to support multiple timezones
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.