Senior Software Engineer (REF18171U) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
We are looking for experienced software engineers to develop innovative solutions that are highly performant, maintains edge security and high quality products. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of payments across all business units. We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
Visa’s Platform Team is looking for a senior engineer with experience in HTTP, asynchronous, pattern matching, multi-threading, and 6+ years working in Java/SQL and Oracle, MySQL. The perfect candidate will have great engineering skills, a passion for quality, and delivering highly available services. You will be joining a team which delivers at high frequency while maintaining availability, performance, scalability and security.
Typical Engineer responsibilities:
Design, develop and test features, i.e. ownership from start to finish
- You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of our team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new infrastructure, improve existing products, and develop world class systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale few companies can match.
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred. Requirements:
6+ years experience with Java/SQL/Oracle
Understanding of HTTP and other protocols
Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
Ownership of quality
Excellent communication skills
Must be a self-learner
Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience in working in agile environment with distributed teams is required
- Strong understanding and experience in using object-oriented programming languages such as Java
- Experience writing automation scripts for testing RestAPI using XML/JSON test cases and formulating overall test strategies for the product
- Experienced troubleshooter of applications based on web protocol and RestAPI on Unix platform
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP protocol and Unix OS
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred.
- 6+ years experience with Java/SQL/Oracle
- Understanding of HTTP and other protocols
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
- Ownership of quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-learner
- Go-getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
What we offer?
- Be a part of a dynamic core team that helps to shape the global payments landscape.
- A concrete experience with a combination of strategic thinking and on-the- ground drive and execution.
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via Visa’s network of global locations.
- A supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
Interested? From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. We are passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.