Chief Systems Architect, Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Chief Systems Architect with Data Product Development, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects and your product partners on large and complex projects for merchant payment management solutions. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership and are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy and guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management and marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects and delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence to the five nines. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Architecture design and development of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using languages like Java, or C#/C++/C#. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- SQL/noSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is a plus.
- Experience with technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics.
- Experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Experience on application/platform instrumentation, measurement, log data processing, and monitoring.
- Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, and information security engineering
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
- Drives the architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing code key modules).
- Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code.
- Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
- Provides leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Mentors and builds world-class high-performing engineering and data science teams.
- Applies architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity.
- Develops architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Influences technology selection for the enterprise.
- Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
- Optimizes use of Visa’s Platforms & Solutions.
- Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa.
- Contributes to key Visa and CyberSource technology initiatives.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Video Editor/Motion Designer
First Look Media, New York, NY