Senior Software Engineer (REF18186U) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of Post Provisioning and Payments components. Be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Staff Software Engineer with solid JAVA, J2EE, E-COMMERCE and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Effectively interact with internal teams to develop solutions to complex technical issues on highly visible business opportunities
- Analyze current solution architecture & design and propose solutions that increase business value, optimize performance and enhance quality
- Developing best practices, guidelines, standards and procedures
- Communicate and present complex technical concepts for peer
- Mentoring other developers
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 1+ years of Software Development Experience
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
- Experience with back-end technologies such as JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX
- Experience with SQL and relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Expert in OO design and design patterns
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- You have proven experience as a technologist with ability to understand the requirement and design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
- Experience and working knowledge of GIT is a plus
- Working knowledge / experience with test automation tools is a plus
- Experience with the payment industry and technologies is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.