Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver on our commitment to be the best way to pay and be paid. To deliver on this critical mission, we must continually assess and improve our performance both internally and how we support our clients. Reporting to the Head of Global Service Excellence, and collaborating with the Client Services leadership team, the Director Service Improvement is an individual contributor role responsible for supporting the leadership, providing oversight and direction of significant global service improvement initiatives within Client Services in partnership with other areas of Visa including Product and Technology. The role requires keen insight into tools and best practices from both a technology and client service perspective. Identifying areas of opportunity and using the insight gained to enhance business processes’, reduce risk and deliver better customer experience.
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine areas of opportunity to improve the client experience and/or, operational efficiency and effectiveness. This includes communicating the strategic need for change, identifying problems and opportunities whilst working with people, processes, partner’s and products to design and implement solutions
- Drive implementation of metric-based service excellence initiatives including monitoring, reporting, performance analysis and cost benefit
- Incorporate client feedback in to product and process strategies in order to enhance service satisfaction
- Support and lead cross-functional activities following significant service related incidents impacting clients
- Translates the ‘voice of the client’ into strategic initiatives, partnering with global senior stakeholders to deliver on an improvement pipeline
- Drive the strategic need for a change in culture, supporting the organisation to think differently about their day-to-day processes utilising industry best practice methodologies
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to develop and maintain trusted partnerships including the ability to work with teams and individuals of many technical skill levels
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in leading/matrix management of dynamic and multi-cultural teams, with shifting priorities in delivering commitments
- Proven strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels both internally and externally to the organisation. This includes the proven ability to articulate complex problems in a non-complex way, demonstrating the need and value of driving change
- Experience of Lean, Six Sigma (Six Sigma Green or Black belt ) and/or Kepner-Tregoe would be desirable
- Ability to work accurately with a sense of urgency, delivering to tight deadlines
- Advanced level of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and data analytics tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in problem solving and/or continual service improvement
- Minimum of 5 years payment industry experience preferably in a client facing role
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: The role works independently, based in Foster City with requirement for occasional travel.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Media and Brand Partnerships
Architizer, New York, NY
VIP Manager - Mobile game Star Trek
Scopely, Barcelona, Spain
Fraud and Risk Operations Agent (Chicago)
France Sales Manager
XM Scientist, Employee Experience
Qualtrics, Berlin OR Paris
Director of Business Operations