This position is ideal for an Senior SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building services that provide an excellent client experience. You will be an integral part of the online-authorization product development team focusing on designing, coding and testing new and enhanced services for VisaNet. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and solid expertise with IBM mainframe technologies. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years development on a Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) Operating System experience
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Ability to prioritize assignments and maintain focus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- C/C++ and OO design experience required
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Knowledge of zVM and zLINUX.
- Working knowledge of zOS JCL.
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler
- You have proven experience leading teams to deliverd high quality large scale enterprise class applications in a highly complex environment.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and
- services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with outstanding code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's
- deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.