As a Lead Security Engineer, you will lead and manage a variety of projects in the Visa's Cybersecurity team. In this role, you will introduce new security services, technologies, and technical solutions to secure Visa Application & infrastructure.
You will lead and implement Application Security Services and Solutions for large scale, always available, secure solutions that will have direct impact on securing Visa Application and Infrastructure.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, product development leads, architects, Cybersecurity operations, Risk and Compliance team external partners merchants, acquirers, banking and security service/solution providers,. You will propose new security innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps.
· Successfully lead the design, development, implementation of a critical and complex part of an Application Security Tools and Services. This includes building brand new systems, or enhancements, modifications to existing software. Implementing PoCs and comparing different technologies.
· Work closely with our internal and external partners, lead the technical low level design. Work with project team members (Chief Security Architects, Senior Developers, Application Security Engineers, Project Managers, etc.), and coordinate and lead interfaces with other groups from different domains.
· Have a passion for delivering very robust, object oriented, modularized, zero defect, high performant code and be responsible for making sure the team’s deliverables meet these expectations and timelines.
· Lead by example in producing high quality code with zero security vulnerabilities throughout the project SDLC.
· Your knowledge in Application Security domain is unchallenged specially in Authentication, Authorizations, Data Protection and Web Application Security.
· Work with architects, customers and team members to create, document and articulate a robust software design. Conduct code, design reviews, and ensure high quality.
· Manage the implementation process for assigned projects. Estimate work effort on a project.
· Serve as a point contact for onshore and offshore development teams to assist them in integration activities.
· Comfortable working with teams from multiple domains and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the full stack, Application Security, System Software and Security Analytics.
§ Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
§ Preferred Qualifications
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Be a deep subject matter expert with the Oracle Identity and Access Management (OIM, OAM) and SOA software stack
- Have significant integration experience as a software architect
- Have good understanding of applied cryptography
- Get extra credit for a CISSP certification
- Be excellent in communication skills and empathy towards customers
- Be able to operate at an intermediate level of written and spoken communication
- Be excellent in interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Be able to present proposals to technical and business audiences
Have analytical skills to derive and translate business level information into technical specifications and must be able to evaluate technology from a business and technical perspective
§ Essential Functions
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Take a hands on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
§ Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.