Sr. Software Engineer(DevOps) -Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Loyalty Sustain Engineering team is looking for curious, creative, and talented technologists to join our team. You will be developing solutions that automate the release cycle from code check-in to deployment. Your solution will focus on eliminating wait times, manual handoffs, and automating as much as possible in order to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our release and deployment processes. We are looking for someone with serious Software Development skills, strong interest in DevOps, and a passion for continuously delivering reliable software.
- Work with agile Application Development teams to provide daily support aligned with a model of Continuous Delivery
- Work closely with Infrastructure Provisioning, Application Development and Operations teams to provide fully automated build and deployment routines for Development, Staging, and Production environments
- Promote a Dev Ops culture through building relationships with Development & Operations and driving enhancements to the end-to-end release process
- Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & audit-ability of change
- Ensure continuous availability of applications and related integrations in all pre-production and production environments using monitoring tools.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Compliance management in terms of patching and security findings.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in software industry in development, build and release for Java, .NET applications
- Sound Knowledge on Source Control Tools such as GIT, TFS and SCM concepts (branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins, TFS, Bamboo and TeamCity. Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework to build CICD
- Must be proficient with scripting languages such as Unix Shell, Python, Ruby, Groovy and with build tools such as Ant, Maven & Gradle
- Experience with software quality and security scans using SonarQube, Checkmarx, etc.
- Exposure to Hadoop/Solr, Big Data applications is a plus
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (Websphere, TC Server)
- Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes and configuration management tool such as Chef
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, Windows 2016 Operating Systems
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other
- Experience working in Agile project executions
- Thrives in a fast paced environment with continuously changing priorities
- Ability to move forward given ambiguous conditions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Results driven; does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.