Staff Software Engineer, Security Analysis and Data Protection (REF18405L) - Visa Digital Develope Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's EMV Solutions team operates as part of the company's Digital and Mobile Product Development group. EMV Solutions team develops and maintains Visa’s secure software on payment chip card, NFC mobile phone, NFC wearable device and cloud. The senior software engineer will work with team members and provides security analysis support and solutions to support the team.
- Design and implement security countermeasures and mechanisms to protect security assets for chip-based products
- Evaluate and analyze various vulnerabilities and attack paths for chip-based products
- Provide innovative solutions and recommendations to improve Visa chip-based products against state-of-the-art attacks and vulnerabilities
- Enhance the workflow and security evaluation process of chip-based products and communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- Provide support to Business Development team, Global Product team and Regional team on the security evaluation of secure payment products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/ Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of research or industry experience in the area of security and data protection is required (1-2 year with Master’s degree)
- Deep Knowledge in reverse engineering, malware protection, vulnerability mitigation, data protection is required
- Extensive knowledge in system and low level security solutions and attacks including side channel analysis and penetration testing is required
- Solid background in cryptographic algorithms and protocols such as digital signature, key agreement, encryption/decryption, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, Python, .NET, C/C++.
- Self-directed and motivated to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Strong analytic and fact-based results-oriented team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have working experience in embedded software, chip, smart card, mobile products & services
- Experience in payment industry with knowledge of: EMVCo and/or GlobalPlatform specifications, ISO 7816, ISO 14443 or ISO 18092 (Near Field Communication) standards will be a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.