What's the job? As part of the Network Processing Product Development and Test Engineering organization, you will be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. You'll provide rotational 24/7 on call support for problem resolution. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a computer engineer with software development design experience and an appetite for security to ensure our global applications remain impeccably secure. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can code and build amazing, high-performing, and bug-free products.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Evaluate and analyze security vulnerabilities findings reported by Qualys tool, Cybersecurity team or by vendor.
Coordinate with application leads on security vulnerability findings and come up with plan for remediation, submitting exceptions and suppressions.
Remediate the security vulnerabilities on non-prod environment before installing on production environment.
Coordinate, report and follow-up with Department Cybersecurity Program Manager
Coordinate and work with operating systems and database engineering teams in installing findings and patches and validating the installs.
Remediate findings reported by source code scanning tool like Checkmarx
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across disciplines in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy demonstrating re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
- 5+ Years of application design and development experience.
- Experience in ASP.net, VB.NET, C#, SQL, HTML, CSS, Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Experience on application development on Windows is required.
- Experience in applying modern Agile Software Development practices.
- Experience in transaction and payment processing is a plus.
- Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Development for open systems.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent career experience is required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Engineer (NewCo)
Harry’s, New York, NY
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Ottawa, Canada
Systems Engineer, Sensor Fusion Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
IT Billing Applications Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Austin, TX
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Intercom, London, UK