Lead Business Analyst - B2B connect - Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
This position is ideal for an experienced Business Analyst / Technical Product Manager who is passionate about collaborating with business and technology partners in solving challenging business problems. You will be a key driver in the effort to define the shared strategic vision for the Non-Card Payment Platform - Visa B2B Connect and defining tools and services that safeguard Visa’s payment systems.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical product management background with focusing on understanding requirements from clients first hand and define a strategy towards seamless delivery toward meeting client expectation and with demonstrated experience in managing products and services that have created business value and delivered impact within the payment domain or similar industries.
A successful candidate is a high impact leader with the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with business and technology partners and be able to think broadly about Visa’s business and drive solutions that will enhance the safety and integrity of Visa’s payment ecosystem.
Successful candidates will be skilled at forging strong partnerships with business sponsors, product owners, architects, and developers to define feature sets, story maps, detailed user stories (functional and non-functional) to support the development process. Beyond the design and planning stages of the development lifecycle, this function works closely with the development teams to communicate requirements for execution and implementation.
This role will also partner with the cross-functional leadership team to help define the roadmap priorities and ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategic priorities.
Responsibilities span all phases of solution delivery including:
- Collaboration with stakeholders (Business owners, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, and others) in the creation of solutions for complex, global business problems.
- Building a strong partnership with business owners and contribute to the definition and evolution of business strategy, goals, roadmap,
and objectives. Deep understanding of business needs and objectives is important.Working with architects and leads in evolving technology roadmaps for applications and systems within the Payments domain and ensuring alignment with business and enterprise strategies.
- Ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding of all solution requirements.
- Participation in solution design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- End to end verification of new solutions to ensure they meet and exceed business expectations.
- Identifying proper service metrics and measurements for ensuring performance against Service Level Agreements
- Applying creative thinking/approach to determine solutions that further Business Goals and align with Technology Strategies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 2-6 years of industry experience as a product manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services.
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions using a wide variety of technologies
- Prior knowledge of Payments and Fraud management e.g., Card Acquiring, Bank Transfer, Fraud detection and prevention is highly desirable.
- Extensive hands-on experience with developing technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Detail- and results-oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira, Rally).
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Integration Engineer
C3.ai, Redwood City, CA, Minneapolis, MN, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Washington, DC
Quality Approvals Manager - Production
Cloud- Python Engineer
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Senior iOS Engineer, Los Angeles
Monzo, Los Angeles