Staff SW Engineer Data Product Development, Digital Marketing Experience
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Digital Marketing Experience Team at Visa is looking for a Staff Software Engineer- Java with strong technical skills, and a complete understanding of the agile development process. Our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every technical decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project.
You should have hands on experience on building web applications using Java/Spring boot and a passion for creating the best user experience. You should also have strong knowledge of the overall software delivery lifecycle and activities and Standups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives, ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit, integration, and regression testing and Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
- Experience with Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
- Experience with Responsive Design Principles
- Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system levels.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline. Working knowledge and experience in CI / CD tools like Jenkins, GIT
- Experience leading a team and experience of being responsible for delivering large projects successfully.
- Experience with data and site migration
- Ability to work quickly in an agile environment, part of an on-call rotation duty among other engineers.
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability.
- Drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.