Staff Software Engineer (REF18267N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Developer Platform is dedicated to exposes Visa's capabilities to external developers. We are a multi-disciplinary team engaged on multiple fronts…
As a Staff Software Engineer within Visa Developer team, you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key modules of our API onboarding platform. Utilizing your expertise, you will fulfil the role of design lead and will be responsible for driving technical strategy with dev lead.
- The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation.
- Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
- Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Solid CS fundamentals
- Full stack development experience (either Frontend or Backend expertise)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Systems Architect (REF16974L) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US