Staff Site Reliability Engineer (REF18587W) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Operational Analytics Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues,who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient.
- Champion resiliency and reliability oriented architectures, patterns and trends through thought leadership and evangelism. Embrace DevOps and Combined Dev + Test Engineering transformation to achieve accelerated delivery.
- Develop components involving event instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers, stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation and data analytics.
- Work closely with rest of the development teams to ensure that services and platforms are designed with reliability in mind.
- Develop tools for reliability of application services - reliability scope includes event detection, monitoring models, reaction strategies and mechanisms to automate service recovery.
- Evaluate & customize various frameworks including open source software to recommend appropriate choices
- Design, develop, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Typically requires 3-5+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products, at least 3 of which were in the role of a technical lead engineer. In-depth experience in Full Stack development & core J2EE technologies and Systems programming. Demonstrated programming skills in : Java,Go, Python with practical exposure to full stack frameworks - React/React mobile/NodeJS applications
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: Event Monitoring, Time Series data Analytics. Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view. Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks like Splunk and/or Elastic
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java development. Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, JMX etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and big data stack, containerization, K8 and Java Springboot framework is a must.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and full SDLC Development tools, including Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Maven, Junit, Code review, Static analysis, Security testing
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile development
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Database, Tomcat, NGINX, Oracle/NoSQL/Mongo/MySQL)
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.