Client Systems provides support for a number of internal applications in the Sales, Service, Contact Center, and Business Intelligence areas. The diversity of applications provides incredible opportunities to learn multiple aspects of the business while gaining experience across a wide variety of technology stacks.
The Sr. Software Engineer in Test will play a pivotal role in the team as an end-to-end test automation specialist. Engaging external teams with different technology stacks and delivery methodologies while synthesizing a test approach that takes these into account will be critical. Additional responsibilities include building test frameworks, gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and providing input to design discussions.
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Build strong relationships with external teams with a goal of developing robust end-to-end test coverage
- Learn end-to-end data flows in order to automate testing of the entire application suite
- Design and develop QA load / automation tools and test frameworks
- Work with the team to increase the test coverage
- Execute testing during all stages of development and release cycle
- Work with QA leads to develop and improve effectiveness of automation
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts
- Identify process deficiencies and suggest improvements
- Conduct test plan reviews with stakeholders
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects
- Determine risks to test deliverables and create mitigation plans
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Assist in managing the test platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field
- 3 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- Test automation experience required
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- 4-6 years relevant work experience or advanced degree in a technology related field
- Experience testing Java, .Net, and Salesforce based applications
- Proficiency with Selenium, QTP, or similar automation tools
- Strong technical competency in building and executing automated tests for both UIs and REST based services
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop and SQL databases
- Familiarity with Genesys IVR and associated test tools such as Cyara
- Experience testing software at the API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with Test Case Management related tools (HP Quality Center/ALM, Zephyr, qTest, Testcollab, etc.)
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This role will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
This role will require the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.