The Network Processing Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Scrum Master to deliver technology solutions using iterative software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban. Key responsibilities include:
Lead one or more Agile scrum team(s) following the defined Agile methodologies using Scrum, TDD, Kanban and XP
Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
Track and remove impediments for the team as quickly as possible.
Communicate early and often within the team and with stakeholders.
Demonstrate ability to influence agile habit of team members to increase team performance at a sustainable pace
Organize effective core teams and build necessary collaborations with business stakeholders, operations and implementation teams
Process evangelist - Coach team members using Agile Principles to help team mature in agile process
Facilitate cross team collaboration with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes with respect to production issues
Work with product owner to ensure a well-groomed Product Backlog for the teams to ensure long term work visibility is maintained
Make recommendations on the improvement of processes/tools and help establishing an Agile COE with them
Demonstrate ability to influence Product Development and Management teams to improve product features and supportability of a product offering by identifying problems and suggesting and/or driving implementation of fixes or features.
Ability to tackle difficult issues and handle strong personalities. Must excel at decision making, conflict management
Measure team sprint success by using standard sprint metrics and drive team efficiency and productivity improvement through data points
Proactively identify risks and manage dependencies within and external to the team
Track sprint status and maintain meticulous records (schedule, capacity, dependencies, issues, risks,)
- Provide support to PMO management for integrated roadmap planning activities
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; using Agile methodology. 3+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master with multiple teams
- Certified Scrum Master qualification from reputed organization : CSM from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Certified Scrum Master or ACP from PMI.
- Advanced knowledge of agile team metrics include burn-down chart, capacity plan, sprint goal mapping, success radiator etc
- Knowledge of at least one computer programming language like Java, C++, GO or C#
- 3+ years of hands on experience on at least one of the following Agile software products - JIRA, CA Central; collaboration tools including Wiki, MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Ability to tackle difficult issues and handle strong personalities. Must excel at decision making, conflict management
- Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written, verbal and more
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills
- SAFe certification is a plus and desired
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.