Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats. CyberSecurity Architecture team is looking for a Data Engineer with Hadoop admin experience. Candidate will be a part of the Security Data Engineering team and involved with administering Hadoop-ecosystem and Data Engineering activities. The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint and deliver modelled attributes, data assets, and self-serve workflows that solve clients' business objectives. You will get the chance to leverage your business acumen and technical knowledge of big data and data mining techniques. Based on deep understanding and knowledge of big-data engineering techniques, you will develop and maintain data and tools to enable data scientists to draw fact based insights and build models This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions and intellectual property for Visa.
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in Data Platform engineering team to maintain DataQuality and Integrity.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 4-5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer.
- Experience with Data Engineering/ETL/Administration experience in production ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable statistical solutions to solve business problems.
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing as well as scalable data storage
- Experience with various Hadoop distribution like hortonworks.
- Experience in scripting languages (Shell/Perl/Python/Java etc.) and preferred Java Programming experience.
- Experience with no-sql database administration & development like mongoDB is a must
- Ability to create and manage big data pipeline using kafka, flume & Spark
- Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services
- Experience with Scala programming is plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or Security analytics is a plus, but not required
- Extensive experience with SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Python , Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation and machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs highly desired
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Work with cross functional teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets, implementing modelled attributes and contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Build and maintain a robust data engineering process to develop and implement self-serve data and tools for Visa’s data scientists
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Experience on working with very large data sets and knowledge of building programs that leverage Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Data warehouse platforms.
- The engineer will have significant knowledge of Big Data technologies and tools with the ability to share ideas among a collaborative team.
- Responsible for loading data from several disparate datasets, documentation, performance testing and debugging applications.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work “0-5%” of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.