As a Sr. Software engineer in this Product Reliability Engineering team you will help design, enhance and build web applications using modern backend & frontend technologies in an agile development environment.
You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Development of complex browser based web application using latest web technology and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in creating web application are just part of your DNA.
You will be working in a dynamic, agile & global development team and will get excellent experience that will help you throughout your career.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
- Plan, design, implement & enhance simple to complex web applications.
- Develop integration solutions by integrating internal & external data sources to solve business problems.
- Evaluate and develop application releases, upgrades, fixes and patches.
- Provide 3rd level support for web applications working with application support team.
- Write optimized unit testing code by using various unit testing framework
- Work with various internal teams in Visa to ensure adherence toward standard software development methodology & framework.
- Partner with internal team's developers to ensure that their code is applying the standards.
- Finding the best and most creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our client & internal teams to achieve their goals.
- Be an expert & advocate of latest technology in web based application domain. Apply these technologies in a manner that empowers Visa in achieving operational & development excellence.
Basic Job Qualifications
- Masters in computer science with 2-3 years of experience or Bachelor in Computer Science with 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with NodeJS, Express, Bootstrap, Angular-Material.
- Experience with unit testing framework/tools like Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai.
- Experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML is helpful.
- Experience with database like MySQL, MSSQL
- Knowledge of software development life cycle is required
- Experience with charting/graphing libraries like D3, HighCharts etc.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience with testing framework like Test Driven Development
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management and versioning.
- Experience with SCSS (CSS preprocessor).
- Linux familiarity and experience working in a shell environment.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.