The CyberSource Global Business Development & Strategic Partnerships group is charged with forging and maintaining strategic partnerships with payment service providers, networks and technology providers that help power CyberSource solutions. The group negotiates and implements major commercial deals that run the gamut from strategic relationships to licensing agreements, alliances and partnerships.
The VP, Acquirer Solutions position is an integral part of our group and will both architect successful partnerships that will drive revenues and accelerate our expansion into new geographies and vertical markets and help manage our buy/build/partner process that informs which strategic partnerships CyberSource pursues.
- Identify trends in emerging payments solutions and innovation with strategic value for CyberSource and Visa
- Maintain business landscape knowledge to provide solid foundational context for critical strategic initiatives
- Maintain existing strategic partnerships and ensure mutual alignment on business strategy
- Conduct business development with new and existing partners to expand capabilities to meet new merchant, acquirer and market needs
- Manage referral pipelines with multiple partners
- Conduct periodic business reviews with partners to monitor health of the partnerships and ensure mutual roadmap alignment
- Design and construct complex analytical frameworks to make decisions and identify business and operational opportunities and risks; create strategic, business and financial rationale and analytics in support of commercial deals
- Create compelling presentations summarizing deal terms and strategic fit for executive review
- Negotiate commercial deals and terms with executives at potential partners
- Utilize and manage internal and external service providers (legal, finance/accounting, banking, consulting)
- Lead internal advocacy efforts to invest in current partnerships and advocate for Visa & CyberSource strategy and promote collaboration across a large and rapidly growing Visa organization
- Create and maintain commercial best practices to drive global partnership and go-to-market uniformity
- Lead cross-functional due diligence efforts with prospective partners, including financial, product, technical & systems assessment
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with a variety of global constituents throughout a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Drive discussions and seek input from relevant constituencies to reach consensus on significant decisions
- 15 years of progressively responsible business experience with 5+ years’ experience managing strategic relationships with financial services and technology solution providers
- Extensive worldwide knowledge of the payment, risk management and payment security industry, including card, alternative and local payment processing
- Significant experience managing commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to structure key terms and conditions to accommodate specific risks and constraints; demonstrated ability managing referral pipelines with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Bachelor’s degree, language skills a plus
- Available to travel up to 25%, some international
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is a subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.