Visa is seeking a Sr. Director of Open Source Platforms, to act as one of key technology leaders to build and manage Visa’s Open Source infrastructure. This position reports to the SVP of PaaS Engineering and resides within Visa’s Operations and Infrastructure organization. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; implementing strategies, providing technology leadership, and implementing processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years of software development experience on high scale distributed system with experience of using and scaling one or more open source projects such as Kafka, MySQL, Couchbase, JDK, Tomcat, Apache, Couchbase, Redis, Cassandra, Mongo.
- 2+ years of experience of managing an open source project ideally as a contributor
- Should be familiar with technical aspects around repository managements and human aspects around community relations and governance
- 5+ years of experience leading at the conceptual/planning level of the infrastructure and application architecture in collaboration with other development, information security and IT teams
- Ability to articulate your deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development of Open Source Platforms
- Architect simple yet innovative solutions that successfully translate business requirements into enterprise technology solutions
- Strong experience deploying and managing Open Source tools and technologies such as Kafka, MySQL, Couchbase, JDK, Tomcat, Apache, Couchbase, Redis, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- Proven track record of open source development and contribution to the open source community
- Understand differences between the most common open source licenses and basics around IP/Trademarks in the context of open source.
- Demonstrate breakthrough thinking in defining and prototyping the use of leading-edge technologies and capabilities
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes
- Experience leading development and deployment across public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts, especially IaaS/PaaS and exposure virtualization technology
- Demonstrable ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced environment
- Lead conceptual/planning level of the infrastructure and application stack in collaboration with other development, information security and IT teams
- Provides key architecture vision, roadmap, integration and problem solving at an enterprise level
- Strong experience with infrastructure & hosting technologies and vendors
- Strong experience with cloud technologies including IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Prior knowledge and experience working with payments industry is a plus
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering solutions against a standardized methodology
- Open Source advocate for key cross team/cross product development projects
- Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
- Provides leadership across the technology community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
- Mentors and leads world-class high-performing engineering team members
- Applies best practices that helps increase execution velocity
- Develops open source platforms that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Influences technology selection for the enterprise
- Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization
- Optimizes use of Visa’s Cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa
- Contributes to key Visa technology initiatives
This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Folcroft, PA