IT Service Management is a group within Corporate IT that champions the technology needs of Visa staff around the world. Service Managers work with technology teams and business partners to co-create value across the organization through delivery and optimization of IT Services.
IT Service Managers drive service excellence by providing holistic oversight across delivery towers. The organization looks to us to simplify, optimize, automate, and promote visibility to maximize the value of IT services. This is accomplished by:
- Promoting a Service Culture
- Continuous reassessment of business needs to optimize services
- Building strong strategic partnerships throughout the organization
- Facilitate transparency, clear communication, and collaboration
- Managing services throughout the entire lifecycle
- Influencing decisions as a customer advocate
- Creating and optimizing sustainable processes
The successful candidate should have a strong IT background but understand the changing needs of business. They need to know what it means to overlay process and bring structure to feedback that is frequently anecdotal and emotional. They balance empathy with the courage to explain why IT cannot deliver everything. They need a business mindset to understand that services cost money, and be able to produce data behind decisions. They need to be able educate others effectively. They need to have great interpersonal skills, be passionate about delivering quality services, and at the same time leverage data, metrics and trends as a way to ensure we are hitting the target with our solutions,
bringing the best levels of service to our business. They have the skills to drive answers to important questions about the cost of our services, whether they meet business requirements, and track satisfaction in a data driven way. This team will bring clarity to users on what to expect, the value of our services, and where to go when they need answers.
- Exceptional documentation and organizational skills
- Compose service related communications for distribution to targeted audiences
- Organize information from multiple sources, eliminate ambiguity, and develop actionable plans
- Transform complex technical concepts into plain language
- Attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Elicit business requirements using techniques appropriate to the situation
- Translate business requirements into key project deliverables and/or plans
- Constructively challenge assumptions and the status quo
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills and critical thinking techniques
- Understanding of organizational change management and user experience improvement techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact professionally with people at all levels
- Must be able to integrate well into an existing team of technical and project professionals
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent knowledge/experience
- 1-2 years working on IT project teams
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, etc.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent will be required to work during core business hours occasionally supporting international internal customers.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
To learn more about Visa’s Corporate IT organization, visit careers.smartrecruiters.com/Visa/cit
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.