- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, elastic, secure, and reliable using open source based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Open Source Big Data technologies.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Bring together cross-functional teams and build automation to deliver programmable and vendor-neutral infrastructure that transforms virtualization to new compute paradigm. Design the Cloud, and Container strategy around PaaS Solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- No direct reports. Individual contributor level position.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of big data technologies or data platform architecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following:
- Architecture design and development of large scale data platforms and data application with simple solutions
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in managing and operating distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies.
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using languages like Java, C/C++, Python, or Golang. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required. Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is a plus.
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Deep experience in:
- SQL/noSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
- Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, and information security engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership and team player.
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.