This is a hands on role with leadership responsibilities on large multi-tenant Hadoop and Big Data environment.
- Provide technical leadership to the Data Platform organization
- Take ownership of Platform architecture and drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and long term requirements
- Ensure that the Hadoop data platform is capable of supporting a growing list of downstream platforms and more
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Develop best practices for the management and engineering of the data platforms
- Hands on performance tuning and operational efficiency
- Harden platform operation process and policy
- Formulate methods to enable consistent Data loading and optimize Data operations
- Mentor and junior and intermediate level Hadoop administrators/developers
- Collaborating with partners from business and technology organizations, develop key deliverables for Data Platform Strategy - Scalability, optimization, operations, availability, roadmap.
- Deliver projects within budget and deadlines
- New project sizing and SME support
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes to streamline operation of the data platform and for streamlining use case execution for a diverse user community from multiple LOBs
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience as a technical lead with focus on open source and Petabyte range data implementations.
- 5 years of experience as technical lead for a Hadoop/BigData implementation.
- Expertise with Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase, etc.
- Experience in optimization, capacity planning & architecture of a large multi-tenant cluster.
- Expertise in at least one commercial distribution of Hadoop. Preferably Cloudera
- Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space
- Appreciation of diverse LOBs and their data needs combined with deep technical expertise are required for the role.
- Minimum of four-year technical degree required. Masters will be highly regarded
- Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.