The VISA BI and AnalysticsTeam is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. We'e looking for somone with experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines and engines. Experience in designing and implementing multi-lingual text processing applications applications using NLP, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques is also preferred. The selected candidate will also experience with exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences. They will also have experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines and engines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience using Scala, Java,Python, Spark, Map/Reduce and related Big Data Technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-lingual text processing applications applications using NLP, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Test Automation and Continuous integration using GIT, Stash, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Hands-on experience with relational database such as MySQL, DB2, MongoDB etc.
- Demonstrated prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences
- Experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Prior experience working in a start-up is a plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Lead your own small team of dreamers, self-starters and go getters, in an extreme programming model
- Develop new ideas into demo-able products
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles – concept to working prototype in weeks, days and hours
- Leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel POCs and incubation efforts
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.