Lead Cybersecurity Architect (Applications Security) What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats. We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defense. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Senior Solutions Architect, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defense and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level. So what do we expect of you day to day?
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- You will have significant progressive experience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agent.
- You would have conducted threat modelling exercises on networks and systems to identify all the threats the systems is exposed to and recommended mitigations controls to address those threats.
- You will have a deep understanding of current compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry such as PCI, HIPPA, SOX, and GLB.
- Knowledge of administrative, physical and technical controls that could be built around networks, systems and applications to secure them.
- A proven record of accomplishment in designing security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
- Strong knowledge of deep design review and Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java, C, C++, .NET etc.)
- An individual with experience of working on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications
- Experienced hands on SW development in C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java
- Technical experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, usage monitoring, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for Web, API and Mobile backend applications across Visa.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Visa security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME's; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security on various platforms and technologies which protect the applications from attacks like:
- Payment processing platforms, Payment Wallet solutions, Consumer facing applications, COTS products deployed in house, public clouds, Issuer/Acquirer facing platforms and applications, white labelled solutions for partners.
- zTPF, zOS, MVS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Openstack, SDN, Public cloud like AWS, Google
- Cybersecurity tools like IDS, SIEM, Tripwire, Tanium, Netwitness, Netflow, WAF
- HSMs, Tokenization systems, data encryption solutions from Safenet, Vormetric etc
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases like Oracle, MS SQL, Couchbase, Cassandra, Riak, Aerospike
- Caching services like Kafka, Coherence, MQ
- Big-data like Hadoop
- Web Access Management solutions like Forgerock, Siteminder, Custom/in-house Security Frameworks
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Help business and product team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Be responsible for overall planning, direction and oversight of multiple projects, products, services or functions.
- Identify and analyse system and application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major Enteprise-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work “0-5%” of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.