Senior Systems Developer - Golang or Python - Kubernetes Container Platform (REF20591L) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's Digital and Developer Platform (VDDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants, and developers. VDDP is looking for a Senior Systems Developer to modernize the platform for digital and mobile products using containers and Kubernetes. The focus for the developer operations team is to leverage containers, improve monitoring and logging libraries for containerization, and improve continuous integration. In this role, you will build toolsets that are required to build, deploy and operate our applications in Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Research and implement toolsets that help developers use Containers and Kubernetes
- Develop tools for operations and release teams to use Kubernetes with ease
- Build traffic routing, service discovery, secrets, and access control solutions
- Ensure platform security, and guide security best practices
- Have a passion for delivering zero-defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms
- Groom user stories into detailed development tasks
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or Ph.D.)
- 2+ years experience with Go or Python and at least 5 years experience in the role of a full-time software engineer (any language)
- Strong Linux internals knowledge
- A firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing, and DNS
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures, modern design patterns, microservice, and internet protocols
- Experience working with APIs, especially RESTful services
- Source control experience including branching, merging and rebasing
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum based environment
- The ability to break down complex problems and drive towards a solution
- Be passionate about improving User Experience
- Experience implementing Kubernetes controllers/operators
- Stong Docker experience
- Operational experience deploying and managing Kubernetes
- CKA or CKAD certification
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.