This position is part of a global credit product management team that oversees global growth initiatives for Visa's regional and country-level credit product teams. We develop and deploy scalable solutions and strategies that meet the evolving needs of our issuing clients and their consumers. The team works in a very collaborative environment with the support from an extensive cross-functional team that includes Technology, Pricing, Processing, Issuer Sales, Global Strategy, and regional teams.
This position will help manage and expand Visa's issuer credit benchmarking and insights offerings; will develop and syndicate credit issuer best practices around the world; will identify opportunities for global credit product and platform enhancements to drive growth; and will advance the team's ability to remain on the forefront of global consumer credit trends and communicate them to our clients and partners around the world.
Our ideal candidates should have a broad perspective and understanding of the payments industry, coupled with experience developing and executing strategic initiatives in a global context.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Performing research and analysis to identify key areas in which Visa can bring capabilities and benefits to credit card issuers to accelerate their penetration of payments
- Analyzing internal Visa data, issuer data, and third-party research to develop analytical models and generate insights for Visa and issuers
- Assisting with development and enhancement of Visa's credit product roadmap to support key growth areas
- Creating business intelligence reports and performing analytical queries
- Project and launch management for global initiatives
- Researching and contributing to publication of reports on global, regional, and country-level credit, technology, banking, regulatory, and competitive trends
- Interacting regularly with regional and country-level credit product managers across Visa
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT : This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10%-15% of the time, max.
6 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 4-6+ years of experience in the financial services or payments industry, ideally at a global payments firm, payments consulting firm, or credit card issuer
- Experience spanning product management, market research, and analytics/data reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of the global credit card industry from the perspectives of issuers, consumers, networks, and merchants
- Experience working in global setting with international teams, coupled with awareness of market differences and commonalities around the world
- Analytical thinker; demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to challenge the status quo with logic, backed by data and research, in order to drive a culture of constant improvement
- Process-oriented, with a high attention to detail
- Very strong data analysis and modeling skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a keen ability to turn data into insights and recommendations
- MBA degree desirable
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.