This position is for a Sr. Software Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing Security Tools & Services.
Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team and work with Security technology expert to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it treat modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex data analytics problems and work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
Skill Set required
• BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field required.
• 1-3 years’ experience in developing Java/J2EE applications, and experience in using Java Web Application framework such as Spring, Spring boot, Node.js
• Strong object oriented design techniques, and reusable component design
• Experience in working with Static code analysis tool and hands on experience in using them
• Experience in using Secure Code guidelines during development stages, take responsibility for producing secure and high quality code
• Experience in dealing with Web Application Security vulnerabilities
• Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Artifactory and Chef/Ansible desirable
• Experience in using Docker and building & deploying micro-services using Docker containers
• Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools.
• Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
In this position you will be expected to:
- Participate in every stage of feature development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering teams and product owners.
- Take responsibility to produce high quality secure code, apply application security principles in development stage
- Review high level features and convert them to low level design
- Review stories, provide accurate scoping and help junior team members with scoping and provide constructive input and feedback
- Create technical specifications and design artifacts
- Implement major features from scratch
- Create unit tests for features,
- Perform code reviews, use SAST for Static Code Analysis and fix all security issues
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.