The primary purpose of this position is to provide thought leadership and practical application experience to guide and shape Visa Global Sourcing technology system implementations, beginning with SAP’s Ariba software and establishing best practices for using SAP Ariba Cloud solution. To begin with, this position will be expected to understand SAP’s product road map and how this will benefit and impact Visa and effectively communicate with Global Sourcing senior leadership team regarding best practices and how to improve Visa’s use of this technology. This individual will be hands-on and involved in all phases of a project from analysis and requirements gathering to functional design, testing, training and implementation.
- Lead or facilitate the supplier selection and negotiation process.
- Identify, select, and manage suppliers who have the capacity and capability to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience setting up eSourcing and eAuction events.
- Manage Sourcing owned systems, including contract management/negotiations for each, updates, processes and usage.
- Oversee the full project management and development life cycle for the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- Be a systems expert and drive continuous improvement of sourcing and procurement activities across the company, including within the business user community.
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to drive all aspects of complex initiatives, including scope definition, developing project plans, managing dependencies, personally executing with a high degree of accuracy, keeping supporting groups on task, and producing status and other documentation for presentation to senior management to ensure progress and completion.
- Proactively identify and anticipate barriers and escalate in a timely manner when deliverables or deadlines are in jeopardy. Assertively and creatively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against project objectives.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years of experience managing global procurement system implementations preferably with a major financial institution or technology company.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing procurement systems and tools.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action.
- Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions.
- Proven track record of managing and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at a senior management level both internally and externally.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems
- Understanding of the tactical aspects of procurement transaction processing and ability to negotiate terms and conditions that will simplify transaction processing complexities
- Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business, economics or public policy or a Law Degree preferred
- Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or inventory management a plus
- Experience managing SAP Ariba Source to Contract and Procure to Pay module implementations.
- Proven track record of successfully developing business cases and implementing strategic initiatives and programs, including technology integrations.
- Ability to oversee the delivery of large scale transformational projects and programs to improve overall Sourcing performance, including outreach, stakeholder engagement, change management and communications.
- Ability to manage Sourcing change management and communications outreach efforts across the broader Visa organization in support of process transformation and evolution.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently (approximately 35% business travel expected)
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated knowledge of organizational, planning and analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, change management, and best practices.
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence effectively without direct management authority; experience managing conflict to achieve project goals; transparency with management and stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees and outside companies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams at a global or multi-region capacity, with strong cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task; show initiative and work aggressively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to map business processes to SAP tools.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; effective and confident presentation skills.
- Good judgment, strong common sense, and excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changes in priorities, work demands, roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to recommend/implement tools, templates and systems to improve coordination across all our projects; socialize change and negotiate improvements on a larger scale.
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.