This attorney position provides legal advice and support in Visa’s Global Litigation & Competition group that is responsible for managing and developing strategic approaches to litigation matters involving Visa around the world. This role will report to VP, Associate General Counsel, Global Litigation & Competition.
Responsibilities include litigation oversight, management and strategy, as well as advising and counseling clients, in matters related to Visa’s electronic payments business. Matters can include a variety of commercial litigation (including assisting on antitrust class actions and complex commercial litigation), arbitrations, pre-litigation dispute resolution, and regulatory investigations. Experience with antitrust matters is strongly preferred. Position will require management of Visa’s external litigation counsel relationships, including compliance with internal guidelines for the selection, management, case evaluation, fee arrangements, budgets, and billing.
This position requires an individual with commercial litigation experience, strategic problem solving skills, reliable judgment, excellent written and oral communication skills, comfort engaging with business decision-makers and other clients, and ability to work cross-functionally to reach decisions.
· Juris Doctorate
· 6+ of commercial litigation experience
The ideal candidate will have:
· Commercial litigation experience
· Some antitrust experience
· In-house experience is a plus
· Listed (SEC compliant) company experience is a plus
· Member in good standing of the California state bar or at least one U.S. jurisdiction
· Record of achievement in developing and delivering commercially-oriented solutions to legal problems
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.