Sr. Director Program Delivery, Real-Time Payments (REF21060N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments – from cards to tokens and bank accounts or representative identity.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
Sr. Director – Program Delivery, Real-Time Payments
The role is for a seasoned technology executive with skills and experience to lead strategy, planning, and execution/delivery of a large scale implementation of RTP (Real-Time Payments) infrastructure project involving technical, organizational and geographic complexity. As a leader of a cross-functional team, you will work with product partners, engineering teams, clients and industry leaders to provide structure and organizational oversight to a large implementation of RTP projects in specific country or geographic region. The position can be based out of Foster City, USA or London, UK.
The role requires dealing with ambiguity and constantly shaping requirements in a fast-changing space by engaging in technical and functional discussions with many teams and continuous engagement with product managers, technology partners, and clients across a range of Visa’s new and existing products.
The role involved fair degree of international travel and constant engagement with product and business partners in different regions across the world.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 15 years of technology experience in variety of roles ranking from engineering leadership, architecture, technical product management, and/or professional services. People with experience in strategic consulting running large client implementations could also be a fit. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
Background in a high volume transaction processing, highly available online payment environment would be a plus. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner and able to pick up a new domain quickly.
- Provide end-to-end program management, technical integration, and cross-functional execution of large-scale, high visibility strategic Technology initiatives.
- Partner with key Technology and cross-functional stakeholders to drive key program activities:
- Manage program risks & issues
- Develop integration plans across Technology functional areas
- Interact with executive management on program updates & decision making
- Track program budgets, forecasts and schedule
- Oversee the day-to-day aspects of key initiatives, including overall management of schedule, and financial aspects of multiple, concurrent initiatives.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and program-level guidance to cross-functional teams & stakeholders; direct & oversee deliverables across multiple workstreams.
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve program goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
- Partner with Product Management to define the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
- Drive the technical design and approach definition for new country deployments and RFP opportunities, working closely with product, technology and client-facing teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and program-level guidance to cross-functional teams & stakeholders; direct & oversee deliverables across multiple workstreams
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure on-time/quality delivery
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Demonstrated track record of 12+ years in managing technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder programs or activities. Experience leading or working within technical teams and projects required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Executive presence and high EQ
- Strong project & program management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or a related field. Advanced degree a plus, but not required. MBA is a plus.
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification preferred.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 50% + of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.