Staff Software Engineer - Merchant Data Products- Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Staff Software Engineer in Merchant Data Products team you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for Customers in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see the code written going to production in few days and used by huge customer base including Tier 1 Merchants such as Target, GAP, Nike , Emirates… If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment.
- Collect and Monitor key metrics to identify potential performance problems. Establish baselines for various workloads
- Build tools and infrastructure to support performance work. Develop, automate, and execute performance suites and analyze results to evaluate product performance
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix application, database, and/or systems performance problems
- Review engineering specs on new products and services to identify performance requirements
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement solutions to eliminate them. Code and test software changes to improve performance.
- Determine hardware/software configurations for optimal performance
- Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- Use technologies including Java, REST, NoSQL and more.
- Design & implement web and reporting applications using MVC frameworks like SPRING & GRAILS
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across to assure that your ideas are heard
- Proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality large scale enterprise class applications.
- Extensive experience in developing and optimizing Java applications.
- Good knowledge of performance metrics related to OS, JVM
- Experience in working with load balancers and multiple web/app/db server technologies (Tomcat, Apache, SQL Server, Oracle etc.)
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.