Intern - Systems Engineers (Bachelor's Degree) - Multiple Locations
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Job duties and projects include:
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading z/OS operating systems and subsystems using SMP/E.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading various third party software tools.
- Working with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality.
- Working with vendors on software upgrades and problems.
- Aiding applications and operations teams with problem determination.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
Systems Engineer Interns will be placed in one of the Technology Organization teams. Here is a list and brief descriptions:
Network Processing: At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms and commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co- development.
Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
Merchant + Acquirer Processing: Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, CS, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Able to communicate with client support and translate complex technical concepts into user-friendly terminology
- Strong drive to learn and motivated to advance in profession
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of security requirements
- Structured approaches to system configuration management and implementation
- Fundamental knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, Networking, Subnetting and Network routing
- Team player
- Experience in support or project coordination role in a financial or IT company
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.